I am very pleased to announce Autism On Call Vimeo Educational Series: https://vimeo.com/ondemand/autismoncall
My name is Dr. Patrick J. Rydell. I am the founder and director of Rocky Mountain Autism Center (RMAC) in Lone Tree, Colorado. In my position at RMAC, parents, teachers, therapists, medical professionals frequently call or come to my office and ask:
- Can my child with ASD be successful in school, home and community?
- How do we best prepare my child to be successful and overcome the stumbling blocks that ASD presents?
- What’s our game plan?
- How do we work together to achieve these outcomes?
Given these excellent, but complex questions, I have developed the Learning Style Profile for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (LSP) (Rydell, 2012), which is the foundation for our assessment and intervention at Rocky Mountain Autism Center. The LSP represents the 10 greatest needs and challenges of ASD intervention based on my 36 (plus) years in practice, consulting, training and program development as part of ASD task forces, private practice, ASD centers, universities, medical centers on national and international levels……but, more importantly, this practical knowledge comes from being on the floor with kids doing the real hard work, day to day.
The LSP is a Naturalistic Developmental Behavioral Intervention approach that incorporates empirically validated developmental principles and constructs of applied behavioral analysis. Please see http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10803-015-2407-8 for a summary of research that supports our LSP approach and well-established intervention strategies.
The Autism On Call Vimeo Educational Series is an integral part of the AOC program. This catalogue of videos offers practical and useful “how to” strategies for ASD intervention based on the LSP approach. These videos offer mentoring, consultation, advice and instruction that is similar to what I provide parents and professionals on a day-to-day basis not only at RMAC, but nationally and internationally as well. These videos also represent procedures and strategies that we use every day with our kids at RMAC…tested and proven effective. There are currently two dedicated (sub)series in this catalogue:
1) LSP Introduction Series: Provides an excellent foundation and description of the LSP approach, program development and practical intervention strategies. This series focuses on the 10 greatest ASD needs and challenges for parents and professionals that spans early childhood, primary and middle/high school. (Videos 1-18)
2) Early Childhood (EC) “Getting Your Kids Ready for School” Series: Particularly relevant for parents and professionals who are getting their children ready for early childhood programs, promoting success once they get there, and then preparing for the primary grades. These EC videos are divided into social, communication, behavior and home/community program areas (Videos 19 – end )
As parents and professionals, I sincerely hope that you find these videos useful, practical and affordable.* I also hope that our paths will cross either through these videos or face-to-face at some point. Until then, take care and thank you all!
Dr. Patrick J. Rydell